Underlining the company's leadership in developing hardware and drivers to support the Windows 7 operating system, AMD
announced that its Windows 7 driver has received Windows Hardware Quality Lab (WHQL) certification on the first day of the certifying program.
- WHQL certification sets a high bar for quality and reliability, and is considered essential by many home and business users.
- WHQL certification demonstrates AMD¡¯s ability to deliver the stability, incredible 3D game performance and smooth multimedia playback needed in order to help bring the new features of Windows 7 to life.
- As a testament to its ongoing commitment to reliability and stability, AMD is the only graphics hardware company in the world delivering monthly WHQL-certified graphics driver updates.
For users of ATI Radeon HD 2000, HD 3000, and HD 4000 series products, the ATI Catalyst software suite delivers:
Other drivers for Windows 7
Hot drivers from AMD vendors
- Industry-leading driver stability and reliability.
- Full WDDM 1.1 WHQL certified support under Windows 7.
- Scheduled performance and new feature innovation every month.
- Enablement of ATI Stream technology for general purpose GPU (GPGPU) computing on supported graphics cards.